Sunday, May 31, 2015

"Pasta" Salad With Zucchini And Squash Zoodles




"Pasta" Salad With Zucchini And Squash Zoodles Recipe


Prep time:  15 mins
Cook time:  n/a
Total time:  15 mins

Serves: 3

I'm in love with my Veggetti. I had debated ordering one of those fancy and expensive vegetable spiralizer tools. Then one day, as luck would have it, I found the Veggetti at Walgreens. I figured it was worth $14.99 to try it. Plus, if I didn't like it, I'd return it. Well, I kept it and I use it often. Here's an easy and quick recipe I use as a side dish or under a delicious piece of grilled chicken.


INGREDIENTS:

2 medium yellow squash
1 medium zucchini
Himalayan Pink Salt
2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1/4 - 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 - 2 teaspoons Lemon & Garlic Seasoning (I use FlavorGod)
2 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup pine nuts, optional


DIRECTIONS:

  • Put each squash and squash in a Veggetti and twist, making "zoodles". Those blades are sharp, so be careful of your fingers! (You can also use a spiralizer gadget of some sort, a julienne tool, or a regular vegetable peeler).
  • Place zoodles in a colander, sprinkle lightly with salt, and let drain for a couple minutes. Alternatively, you can place a couple paper towels in the bottom of a medium bowl and let the zoodles drain this way. You won't see any liquid actually draining, but I've noticed this helps to keep the squash crispier.
  • Put zoodles in a medium size bowl and toss with the olive oil. 
  • Add basil, tomatoes, basil, Lemon and Garlic seasoning, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts (optional). And toss everything together. 
  • Enjoy!




I had help from my nephews!


He's such a good helper!


The 2 year old Monkey Boy wanted to try!!  


I have these instantly fresh herbs on hand for days when I either forgot to grab basil from the grocery store, or I'm just grabbing what's in my fridge and making something impromptu. I love these instantly fresh herbs. Just add water. You can usually find them in the produce section of your grocery store.


I usually pair this with grilled chicken. What meat would you pair with this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment