(Go ahead and try to smell it...while your at it, tap the "share" button with your nose)
I was craving lasagna, but didn't want all those carbs that pasta has. So I used spaghetti squash in place of noodles. And it was delicious!!
This fits perfectly in my 8x8 baking dish. So if you're using a 9x13 or bigger, I suggest doubling the recipe.
Marinara sauce, 25 oz jar (my favorite is Mezzetta Homemade Tomato & Basil)
Fat free ricotta cheese, 15 oz container
Mozzarella cheese, about 8 oz (I used fresh, all natural and cut it into chucks instead of shredded)
Fresh basil, roughly chopped
@FlavorGod #pizza, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add a little marinara to the bottom of your baking dish - this keeps the squash from sticking.
- Layer half the squash, half the ricotta, half mozzarella, chopped basil (to taste), and half of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Pizza Seasoning or crushed red peppers if you'd like to add some "kick".
- Repeat the layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if you'd like.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
BTW - I don't fully "spread" the ricotta cheese like I do with pasta noodles, but enough that it's evenly distributed.
Mezzetta has become the sauce I love and use when I don't have the time to make my own sauce.
I found it at Albertson's.
FlavorGod seasonings are my personal favorite - they're only sold online at www.FlavorGod.com.
Pizza is limited-edition and no guarantee it's currently for sale on their website.