Slow Cooker Paleo Jalapeño Blackberry Pork Roast. Well, that's a mouthful! Say that five times fast!
Because the recipe calls for you to brown the roast prior to placing in your slow cooker, I recommend prepping this the night prior to save time in the morning.
FOR THE RUB:
1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
¾ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of cayenne
FOR THE ROAST:
4-5-pound pork roast
3 Tablespoon coconut oil
FOR THE SAUCE:
1 cup apple juice
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 jalapenos, stems and seeds removed, sliced
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture over the pork roast, coating all sides.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Brown the pork roast on all sides in the skillet, approximately 8 minutes total.
- Place the pork roast in the slow cooker.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small-medium size bowl and then pour over the pork roast.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Leaving the pork in the slow cooker, shred the pork - I use two forks.
- Serve the pork with the berries and juice. My favorite is to serve it on top of creamy mashed cauliflower.