Slow-cooker Marinara Sauce with Meat
Delicious on pasta, if you're into that sort of thing... But if you're wanting less carbs like me, you'll absolutely love it on top of zoodles or spaghetti squash!
1 lb ground bison (or ground turkey)
1 lb ground turkey sausage
1 cup sweet onions, chopped
1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup bell peppers, seeds removed and chopped
45 oz canned diced tomatoes, drained
24 oz tomato sauce (no sugar added)
Loose handful of fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
2 bay leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a Dutch oven or medium-large pot, over medium heat, brown the bison and turkey sausage with the onion and garlic; drain fat.
2. Lightly spray crockpot with olive oil cooking spray.
3. Add meat mixture to crockpot.
4. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place bay leaves on top of sauce mixture.
6. Set on high for 4 hours or low for 8.
7. Serve on pasta, zucchini zoodles, spaghetti squash, or make yummy zucchini boats with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
For more recipes and clean eating ideas, follow me on www.Facebook.com/AndreaSwift
Have you signed up for your FREE Beachbody account?www.tinyurl.com/workoutanywhere
Awesome bonus!! You'll get me as your FREE coach!