Monday, January 19, 2015

Melt In Your Mouth Banana Chocolate Muffins



Melt in your mouth Banana and Chocolate Muffins that are yummy AND healthier than some other recipes I've come across. Try for yourself. You'll see...  ;-)

My 2 year old nephew stayed over last night and this morning as I was scrolling through my Facebook feed, I came across a recipe for Banana Bread Brownies. I love banana bread, but didn't want all that sugar and processed ingredients. Plus, that recipe had lots of sugary frosting on top. I found by putting chocolate chips in a baking recipe, it adds enough "sweet" that frosting isn't needed.




I made some adjustments and it worked!  So yummy!! My nephew ate four of these!



















INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup Stevia
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 egg
1 or 2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 teaspoon maple syrup
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

  • Preheat oven to 375F.  Grease the muffin tin or use muffin pan liners.
  • In a large bowl, beat together Stevia, Greek yogurt, coconut oil, and egg until creamy.  
  • Blend in banana and maple syrup.
  • Add flour, baking soda, and salt.  Mix for 1 minute.
  • Optional: stir in walnuts
  • Using a spoon, fill each muffin tin approximately 3/4 full of batter.
  • Put chocolate chips on top of each muffin. Since I made mini muffins, I only put one chocolate chip on top of each.
  • Bake 9-11 minutes or golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment