Thursday, January 8, 2015

You're only as disorganized as you say you are

10 Habits of a Highly Organized Person: 
How Pro Organizer Fay Wolf Keeps Her Life Under Control

I want to be organized. My goal is to be more organized. So many times I've rearranged my kitchen, my entryway, my desk, etc., and I stay organized for a short while. Then slowly I lose my drive and get lackadaisical. To change this, I'm looking to the experts.

The word "resolutions" stresses me out.  To think I have to change and commit to something for the entire year?! I was vegetarian for a few months in 2010, but I did this one week at a time. Knowing I was giving up meat for only a week, it was easier.  At the end of each week, I would decide to go another week. BUT knowing I'm changing something for the YEAR... I need to change my mind set.  I came across this article and number 6 caught my attention:
6. Change the story.
I used to say to myself repeatedly "You're not a writer." But guess what? You're reading this post, so I guess I actually am one. I changed the story, and then started writing songs and blog posts and pilot scripts. Therefore: You're only as disorganized as you say you are. It’s incredible what a shift in perception can do.

Faye Wolf is right!!  Now I just need to tell myself I'm great at organizing and stick to it!! To start, I've created a bright and colorful, cute sheet. I laminated one for my desk at work and one for home for quick food prepping.  What do you think?



What do you do to keep organized and focused?  I'd love all the help I can get! What story of yours do you want to change? Can I do anything to help you?

To read the entire article, click here.

If you don't already subscribe to Apartment Therapy, I recommend it. I love reading their newsletters and organization tips. Their mission is "Helping people make their homes more beautiful, organized and healthy by connecting them to a wealth of resources, ideas and community online."

No comments:

Post a Comment