Tuesday, February 3, 2015

19 Reasons Why Working Out At Home is Better Than The Gym

19 Reasons Why Working Out At Home is Better Than The Gym

1.  I can workout anytime I want - I'm not restricted to gym hours, trainer availability, or class schedules. My trainer is ready at the push of a button. I just push "play".

2.  I don't have to leave my house and go out in the cold or heat.

3.  It doesn't matter what I look like. I can workout in my underwear and not be judged, have smeared or no makeup, clothes that don't match, no shoes, whatever I feel like wearing (or not wearing...).

4.  I don't have to worry about someone else's germs on equipment. Ewwww. Flu season…'nuff said.

5.  I don’t have to deal with traffic or trying to find a parking spot.

6.  No one tries to talk to me while I'm trying to get my sweat on.

7.  My iPhone won't be stolen. (Yes, this happened to me and it sucks)

8.  I don’t have to wait for a machine or equipment.

9.  The classes are never full.

10. I don't have to deal with a locker. Or forgetting to bring my lock, headphones, towel, water, shoes, etc.

11. I don't have any weird or old people walking around naked while I'm in the bathroom.

12.  I can be uncoordinated, make weird faces, be comfortable, laugh at myself, and I won't end up on a YouTube fail video...

13. It costs me less than a gym membership and I don't have a contract.

14. My friends can join me at anytime.

15. I'm done, from start to finish, in about 25-45 minutes compared to AT LEAST 2 hours going to the gym: driving there and parking, checking in, getting my locker, working out, realizing I left my headphones in my backpack, going back to my locker, working out, waiting for equipment, showering and getting ready (depending on the day), buying a protein smoothie, and driving home.

16. I have less laundry. (see #3)

17.  I have the best workout partner. My dog, who usually lays on my yoga mat and wants to cuddle at some point - giving me a breather.

18. I can't bring my dog to the gym.

19.  When I’m done, I can sprawl on the floor and lay there as long as I’d like. This is really frowned upon at the gym. Plus, the gym floor is gross and I don't recommend laying on their floor.







1 comment:

  1. Love the dog on the mat! He'd make me want to do yoga, too. :O)

    ReplyDelete