Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Delicious Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower

"Mashed cauliflower tastes similar to mashed potatoes, but with fewer carbs." I kept hearing this, but I was highly skeptical. So I tried them last night. They came out soooo yummy!!  Who knew?!  Delicious and Fluffy Mashed Cauliflower! Oh and I made them CHEESY!!



I was surprised at delicious these were!!  They weren't kidding!!  I actually like these better than mashed potatoes!! Do you know how difficult it was to stop myself from eating the whole pot?!  The only thing that saved me was telling myself I needed these for my lunches this week! 


Mashed Cauliflower

INGREDIENTS:

1 large head Cauliflower, trimmed and roughly chopped
2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon Almond Milk
1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded (optional)
Fine sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS:
  • Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. 
  • Add garlic & cauliflower. 
  • Cook until the cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes. 
  • Drain well.
  • Puree cauliflower with coconut oil (I used a hand mixer).
  • Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
  • Add Almond Milk and blend until desired consistency. 
  • Mix in shredded mozzarella cheese (optional).


No comments:

Post a Comment